Pharmacogenomics is the study of how genetic variants affect a person´s response to drugs. The long overdue implementation of pharmacogenomics into clinical practice has so far been hampered by a lack of common standards and efficient workflows:
In order to support clinical laboratories in making pharmacogenomic testing available on a large scale bio.logis Genetic Information Management GmbH has developed the easy to adopt workflow solution GIMS.pharma. It allows an efficient processing of individual preemptive pharmacogenetic testing with trusted and ready to use information on medication and treatment.
1. Physicians at Point of Care (PoC) collect blood samples from patients and send it to laboratory
2. Samples processed with any genotyping platform
3. Lab-results transferred via secure VPN-connection into bio.logis GIMS
4. Production of diagnostic reports including validated clinical interpretation and dosing recommendations
5. Diagnostic reports to be transferred into any laboratory or hospital information system for medical validation
6. Validated reports provided via printed documents and / or digital channels to referring physicians and patients at PoC.
Please contact us in case of any questions or to get more information about GIMS.pharma.